Gearing up to Hike? Keep these tips in mind to keep our favorite destinations beautiful!
Get Prepared: Before even heading out for your hike make sure you are prepared for the day.
Check the Weather
- Ever been on a hike and see a big dark cloud rolling your direction? At that moment I bet you wished you had checked the weather! Storms can come in quickly so it is always good to be prepared. In the morning, check the weather and bring appropriate clothing. Throwing in a lightweight raincoat is never a bad idea either. Grab an eco-friendly backpack to throw all of your gear in so you can be prepared.
- Many times we think hikes are deep in the forest when reality is we are still outside and fully exposed to sun rays. Make sure to lube up with sunscreen and toss on one of your favorite DESTINATION COLLECTION hats to keep you shaded and stylish on the trail!
Know Your Distance
- Food: Some hikes can get long and will have you craving for a snack. Re-package snacks in a lightweight reusable bag so you can nosh on a treat when you take a break.
- Water: Long distances and steep inclines can have you sweating. It is always good to fill up your reusable “Everywhere you go, take me with you” water bottle before you head out on your hike. Nothing is worse than being out of water at the top of the hike
Where's Your Map
- Many times trailheads are out of cell service and can have limited trail markers. Download a map of the trail on your phone or print a copy of the trail prior to taking off. Make sure to bring a compass as backup. It is always a bit more reliable than your friend who swears they have an internal compass.
Hitting the Trail - Think of it this way, leave the hike as if you had never been there